Several factors distinguish commercial and residential lighting system.Commercial lighting includes lighting for all types of business and public spaces including hotels, restaurants, warehouses, schools, streets, bridges, shopping malls, retail stores etc. On the other hand, residential lighting is all about the lights that we use inside and outside our homes. The primary difference between the two lighting systems is their purpose and functionality.
From design and product selection to installation several factors need to be kept in mind while lighting the space. The differentiation between the two spaces must be understood to avoid the wrong application and inefficient installation. Nordusk LED has a wide range of commercial and residential lights that are customized keeping in mind the need for the two different spaces.
Lighting Commercial Spaces:
The primary function of lighting in commercial spaces is to support work and lighting not only affects the ambience of the workplace but also influence the psychological well-being, interest and enthusiasm of its employees. The lights must be able to illuminate different types of spaces that coexist under one roof. There are quite a few considerations that must be adhered when it comes to commercial LED lighting in India like - system efficiency, lumen maintenance, lamp life, daylight integration, flexibility and cost.
What to do:
- You must consider how constant your light levels are. Too much light in one place will create an odd contrast from the rest of the spaces.
- While choosing the right LED for commercial space make sure to use the most natural form of light possible. Light from the LED should match the natural light.
- Too much light can give people a headache. Have a reasonable amount of bulbs placed in the right place.
Lighting Residential Spaces:
The key to great residential lighting is the quality of light and how it interplays with different surfaces. Good lighting can provide a personality to the home and without it, the impact of all the other well-thought-out details – sumptuous furnishings, opulent flooring, luxurious wall coverings – will be lost. The lights at residential places generally have less traffic compared to commercial buildings. As a result, the requirements for home lighting are lower. The lighting at home should relax you.
What to do:
- Avoid overloading a ceiling with downlights – they only illuminate the floor. Go for layering light with a combination of accent and feature lighting with a minimal amount of downlights. This will create contrast and drama in a space.
- Use different styles of lighting at various levels around rooms to create pockets of illumination and shade..
- The light fixture along with the right kind of light is important to add the glam quotient at home. LED bulbs, panel lights, battens, spotlights come in a range of warm or cool hues. It’s up to you what kind of glow you like in your home. An array of domestic LED lighting in India has revolutionized the way we looked at home decor. Adding perfect lights as decorative elements in homes actually, help in setting the right mood in a space.